Friday, September 16, 2011

Where Does the Future Lead?

My practicum placement occurring fall semester 2012 will be with Epcor! This has been confirmed by my coordinator and I am very happy to learn this. I will be working in the Human Resources department so learning new ways to communicate with social media will be particularly useful.   Since social media is becoming more and more prevalent in today's work culture, I am very excited to be learning about how to use social media.  This will help me immensely as I will already be knowledgeable in using these interfaces if I need them in my practicum and later in my career.

I am now following them on Twitter and find that they use it quite frequently to update service users on service outages. They are very good at keeping customers up to date on what is happening. This is a great way to allow workers at Epcor to do the important things (maintaining/correcting services) rather than fielding calls from their customers looking for updates.  Although I will likely not be the one updating Twitter in this sense, I'm sure they use it for other purposes within the company to quickly send communications to all employees. I am very happy to be working with a company that is so attuned to popular communication channels such as Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment